1.5 MILLION ABS-CBN TVplus BOXES SOLD

abs-cbn-tvplus

ABS-CBN Corporation, the country’s leading media and entertainment company, has sold 1.5 million ABS-CBN TVplus boxes since it rolled out its digital television service in February 2015.

ABS-CBN DTT and mobile head Chinky Alcedo attributed the strong performance to new content, stronger distribution with the addition of new coverage areas,  and a sustained integrated marketing effort.

“ABS-CBN has taken huge strides in making the digital television experience more exciting and more accessible to more Filipino families,” said Alcedo.

ABS-CBN TVplus is the pioneering digital television service that offers crystal clear picture and sound. Offering a cable-like experience with no monthly fees, ABS-CBN TVplus offers exclusive channels such as the male-oriented channel Cinemo!, children’s channel Yey!, educational channel Knowledge Channel, and DZMM Teleradyo on top of ABS-CBN Sports + Action and ABS-CBN.

With ABS-CBN’s ability to harness the latest in technology and innovation, the company is rapidly transitioning into an agile digital company with the biggest online presence among all media companies and a growing list of digital properties.

 

The exclusive channels of the ‘mahiwagang black box’ have started to generate original  content like the sitcom gag show “Funny Ka Pare Ko” on CineMo channel and the children’s  show “Team Yey!” on Yey! channel.

“Team Yey!,” the first-ever children’s show produced for local digital TV that airs on Yey! and “Funny Ka Pare Ko!,” the first-ever sitcom gag show on digital TV that airs on CineMo.

ABS-CBN TVplus also introduced a new pay-per-view feature called the Kapamilya Box Office  (KBO), where families can catch newly released movies bundled with foreign and local box -office hits and top-rating Kapamilya shows for a weekly TV bonding marathon.  The company  sells pay-per-view on ABS-CBN TVplus by allowing consumers to pay using their loads on  their ABS-CBNmobile phones.

 

In the second quarter of 2016, ABS-CBN TVplus digital signal transmission expanded in Davao  City, Bacolod, Iloilo, and Cagayan de Oro, cementing its status as a leader in digital terrestrial  television in the Philippines.

The “mahiwagang black box” is now available at P1,499 as part of ABS-CBN’s efforts to make digital TV inclusive to Filipino households with its transition into a digital company.

Categorized as durable goods, ABS-CBN TVplus is one of the company’s retail or consumer businesses, which aims to provide meaningful experiences to its customers.

The other two sources of business revenue include subscription, which covers SKY, The Filipino Channel, and ABS-CBNmobile, and ticketed experiences, which cover concerts, movies, mall events, studio tours, and the recently launched theme park KidZania.

The company’s consumer businesses account for P17 billion in annual revenues, or 45% of total company revenues while the remaining 55% is from advertising.

Alcedo said ABS-CBN expects further growth of the ABS-CBN TVplus with the new price offer being complemented by exclusive features such as new content and the KBO.

“With the new affordable price of ABS-CBN TVplus, our Kapamilyas can now expect even better value-for-money as they enjoy the transformational digital television experience,” Alcedo said.

 

ABS-CBN is the first media and entertainment company in the country to make the historic switch from analog to digital terrestrial television to transform the TV viewing experience of Filipinos. Using digital signal transmission, ABS-CBN TVplus makes TV viewing dramatically crystal clear. Aside from the exclusive channels and other features, it can also capture and broadcast channels that transmit in digital without any monthly and installation fee.

ABS-CBN reported P20.9 billion in consolidated revenues for the first half of 2016, bringing its net income to PHP 2.1 billion, or 76% higher compared to the same period last year.

Comments are closed.